I decided to start the hashtag #HEALTHSKI. I hope I can help inspire and encourage others (and myself) on their journey to a healthier and natural lifestyle for the mind, body, and soul. I posted my first YouTube video about water intake. When I was first diagnosed with Fibromyalgia I ditched the artificial sweetened juices and ramped up on my water intake. Little did I know there is a formula to help you drink the correct amount of H2O for YOU! Take your body weight, divide it in half and drink that amount in ounces. Example: you weigh 200 lbs so you divide that in half and get 100 lbs so you should drink 100 oz of water a day!
Here are some benefits to drinking the proper amount of water:
- Lets get physical... Water composes 75% of our muscle tissue! Dehydration can lead to weakness, fatigue and other important factors in our daily and athletic physical performances.
- Curves.. Sometimes we think we are hungry, when actually we are thirsty. So if your trying to shedsome weight or just have a healthier balanced diet water can really help. It acts as an appetite suppressant because it keeps your body feeling full. When the body is lacking hydrations it kicks on all the alarms and that is why you feel hungry! If you are trying to shed some weight try drinking ice cold water! Your body burns calories while it warms up the water.. Have you ever had cold pee? Me either!
- What joint pain? Drinking water helps reduce pain in your joints because it keeps the cartilage soft and hydrated. Now Im not saying this is a 100% fix, but it defiantly make a huge difference! Especially in the mornings!
- Flushing! Our digestive system needs water to function properly. Urine and sweat is our bodies way of flushing out that waste. If we don't drink water, we don't flush waste and that causes a pile up of problems for our bodies. If your ever constipated add a little fiber to your water and that should do just the trick! :)
- Natural Glow Our skin is the largest organ in our body. Proper water consumption can improve the color, texture and appearance of your skin because it helps the continuing of building new cells properly.